The Jonesville Community School District is dedicated to providing quality educational experiences that produce responsible citizens who have a positive view of themselves and others and who have the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed in a global society.
- All students are capable of becoming responsible members of society
- Everyone has worth and value
- All students can learn
- Mutual respect fosters learning
- A positive self-image is important to success
- Cooperation, communication and problem solving are important life skills
- Learning is a life-long process
- Quality education recognizes and responds to individual differences
- A basic core knowledge is essential
- A safe, stable and caring environment is essential to learning
- Parental and community involvement enhances quality education
- Sound instructional decisions are based on research, practice and evaluation
We will know that we are accomplishing our mission when all our students are:
1. SELF-DIRECTED THINKERS who demonstrate preparedness for life.
- Value learning and understanding as a life-long process.
- Utilize critical thinking skills which will lead to appropriate decision making
- Set priorities and achievable goals, examine options, initiate actions, monitor and evaluate their progress and assume responsibility for their choices.
- Demonstrate the technological competence necessary to achieve success in a global society
- Apply what they have learned to work at solving problems.
2. ACADEMICALLY COMPETENT LEARNERS who demonstrate knowledge in core areas.
- Demonstrate academic competency in the core areas of mathematics, science, language, technological, cultural, and historical literacy,
- Use cultural, historical and scientific knowledge to address the challenges of a rapidly changing world environment.
- Communicate effectively in both verbal and written form
3. INNOVATIVE PRODUCERS who think uniquely and create quality products.
- Create intellectual, artistic, and practical products which reflect originality, high quality, and use appropriate technologies.
- Identify resources and information to reason, make decisions and solve complex problems in a variety of contexts in unique ways.
4. PHYSICALLY AND EMOTIONALLY MATURE INDIVIDUALS who recognize their personal value and responsibilities.
- Accept responsibility for their actions and behaviors
- Function as a self-directed learner
- Demonstrate positive self-esteem
- Make healthy life choices what will help them grow physically, mentally and emotionally.
5. COLLABORATIVE CONTRIBUTORS who recognize the value and dignity of others.
- Work cooperatively with others
- Contribute their time, energy and talent in their community
- Exercise respect for others and the environment
- Exhibit responsible citizenship by participating in the democratic process.